Yes! A wake less or idle speed is required when operating a boat in a designated slow, wake less speed area and within 150 feet of another boat, person in the water, a water skier (except those you are towing), shore angler, launch ramp, dock or designated swimming area. You are responsible for any injury or damage caused by your boat’s wake. Be courteous and give others plenty of room.
WHAT IS ILLEGAL
- The operator of any vessel may not exceed a wake less speed when within 150 feet of:
- (a) another vessel;
- (b) a person in or floating on the water;
- (c) a water skier being towed by another boat;
- (d) a water skier that had been towed behind the operator’s vessel unless the skier is still surfing or riding in an upright stance on the wake created by the vessel;
- (e) a water skier that had been towed behind another vessel and the skier is still surfng or riding in an upright stance on the wake created by the other vessel;
- (f) a shore fisherman;
- (g) a launching ramp;
- (h) a dock; or
- (i) a designated swimming area.